Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The cutting-room floor

Still-Hunt
A few days ago Emily St.Pierre, Writer and Director of "Still-Hunt", began posting 5 min parts of the short film on youtube. In total the short film ran about 16 minutes over 3 parts. As a video editor myself, watching the full length version I thought of ways to streamline the short to fit a ten minute length that would work with youtube. In the process I think I reinforced the found footage feel of the short (particularly at the intro).

If you compare the original short to the EP version you will also notice a huge change in the look of the film from a colour and lighting standpoint. Hopefully these changes help to make the film more immersive to the viewer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5tS3amjmCg


Thats it for now. Next thing to watch for should be an Effed Production called "Chezz Busters", that I believe we will be filming in November if the opportunity shows itself.

Cheers,
Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment