Sunday, December 29, 2013

New Music Video and More to Come!?

A Music Video Marathon?

Ill start off this blog post by reminding you that I have been making music videos casually now since the very beginning of 2011. Two years ago "EP Studios" was dreamed up and in that time I have created 3 official music videos. Not that big of a deal you say? You're correct. It really isn't that big of a whoop...but I'll tell you what might be...

Mid-September 2013 I received a phone call from a representative of the Atlantic Film Festival inviting me to participate in a music video production contest. Unfortunately, I was selected as a runner up contestant and because of only having a week's notice, I was forced to decline do to a business trip. This, needless to say was a great honour and disappointment all rolled into one! 

A few weeks later, unrelated, a man named Jason Lane called me regarding the creation of a music video for his son, Zackary Lane. Zackary is a talented young musician and could potentially be on a rise to some degree of exposure and success. This excites me because Jason has asked me if I will be able to produce approximately one music video per month of the year of 2014. How can I decline?

This period of my life represents what could be a potential launching point of my success as a freelance music video producer. Stay tuned...

"Say Something"- Music Video

As mentioned above, I was recently asked to make a music video for a young local artist named Zackary Lane. Below you can see the first music video that I have produced with him! 


I hope you enjoy this video. Here's a fun fact. The concept for the video came to me pretty much on the spot when Jason asked me what I had in mind. The idea came from personal experiences that I have had in my life.

That's it for now!

Richard Malenfant

"The Answer is 42!"

No comments:

Post a Comment